Just put in bold a few words of a field description (without being a programmer)

A client asked me a while ago something very (in theory) simple:

“How can I bold some words in the description of a form field?”

But it seems that Gravity Forms requires you to learn html code to do that, right?

A modern and complex form building system with drag and drop and hundreds of automations… but to bold text you have to learn HTML code?

I asked about this in the past, and they just closed my message!

I found this “Wysiwyg editor for descriptions and html fields” Add the option to add a WYSIWYG (Visual Editor) to the HTML Block field when editing the form from a year and a half ago…

Any news?

1 Like

Unless I’m misunderstanding what you want, the answer is wildly simple.

You don’t even have to “learn html code” to do it.

Simply wrap the portion of the text that the client wants bolded in <strong> tags

If this is your description:

“Select the option that best applies to you”

and you want the words “option that” to be bold…

Wrap those words in <strong> tags like this:

“Select the <strong>option that</strong> best applies to you”

The two words wrapped in the <strong> tags will be bolded.

I go with Suki.
Using or other html code isn’t simple for most people and how about changer color, using italics, underline, etc.
I’d like to know if Gravity form is considering adding a Wysiwyg editor for the field’s description. Such an editor would also be useful to add content to the html field.

The WYSIWYG editor is not currently a feature of Gravity Forms. If you think this would make a good addition to Gravity Forms, I recommend adding a note to our product roadmap. Click the blue plus in the lower left on this page to add a note for our product team:

Thank you.​​

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.