Is Gravity Forms to Square a One Way Payment System?

Am new to the Square payment gateway. Am I correct in saying Gravity Forms is a one-way payment portal? That is, a Gravity Form will collect user and payment data, map it to the Square fields and sends it to Square? I am unable to take customer data in Square to populate my form for a new payment.

That’s overall correct. Getting data from Square to populate GF fields is not a feature of the Square add-on.

Thank you for your reply. Seems the GF to Square connection to be for first-time or one-time purchases. For repeat customers it could be problematic since they could enter different name, address and email details which would cause a second customer in the Square DB.

You can suggest to our product team any feature or improvement you wish using the (+) button at the bottom of our roadmap page: Gravity Forms Roadmap - Gravity Forms

That way your request will reach the product team directly and they will be able to consider your request and queue it in the workflow of a future version if it’s accepted.

It looks like Square does have a good webhooks API for when a payment is created - payment.created Webhook - Square API Reference.

You could use that with Gravity Flow’s Incoming Webhook extension to trigger the creation of an entry. I don’t see an email in their example response data for payment or getting an order, but if you had a way to get it through another API, you could assign a user input step to that as a way to continue a workflow.

Cheers,
Jamie

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.