FatalError - locate_assignment()

Hello!

I am getting the following error (including a stack trace that I left out) as of this morning…

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function locate_assignment() on bool in /nas/content/live/mygcc/wp-content/themes/x/framework/functions/plugins/gravity-forms.php:61

It is completely breaking my web site to the point that all I get is a “critical error” message box when I try to load. I was able to hack gravity-forms.php and comment out these lines:

//check header and footer
$header_assignment = CS()->component(‘Header_Assignments’)->locate_assignment();
$checker->process_content( $shortcode, $header_assignment, false );

$footer_assignment = CS()->component('Footer_Assignments')->locate_assignment();
  $checker->process_content( $shortcode, $footer_assignment, false );

to get my site up and running and have our forms still work. We don’t have forms of any sort in a header of footer which is what I believe these are looking at. Any idea of where to start in figuring out the problem? We didn’t change anything in the last couple of days (or weeks for that matter) that I am aware of.

HI Scott. Please check with the author of that theme. The error is coming from code in the theme includes, not from Gravity Forms. Thank you.

Thank you! Appreciate the pointer…

1 Like