Enhanced Dropdown on Mobile

Hi community - I have an issue with a non-profit client that we’ve built an awesome gravity form to take their donations. The issue is they have one dropdown with close to 1,000 options (this is how to assign their donation). The enhanced layout works great on desktop and allows users to type to search for the correct one. However, on mobile the type to search does not work, it forces users to scroll through an endless set of options. Does anyone know how we could enable the type to search on mobile?

Might want to take a look here at this article.

Hi Darren. The enhanced interface does not currently work on mobile devices. The hack that Dere shared may or may not work, but our official position is that is not supported in Gravity Forms because it’s not supported by the chosen.js script.

We are exploring alternatives to this, for a more accessible script and one which works on mobile devices. If you want to put in a vote for this, I recommend adding that request to our product roadmap. Click the blue :heavy_plus_sign: in the lower left on this page to add a note for our product team:

https://www.gravityforms.com/gravity-forms-roadmap/

Thank you.

Thanks @user5c0166073a6c48.6 - I’ll take a look.

1 Like

Thanks @chrishajer - I appreciate the response. I’ll let you know if we come up with anything!

1 Like