Tabbing to Select fields with enhanced user interface (chosen)

G’day all,

I don’t tend to use the “enhanced user interface” (Chosen) option for Select fields, but a current project is using them. For the life of me, I can’t see any easy way of making tab-to-next work with these buggers. Is there a GF way to do this?

I notice that the Chosen project still hasn’t merged its accessibility work from 2016 (though there is some activity recently at least). Is it possible / easy to switch out Chosen for SelectWoo since they done the hard yards of making these things accessible?

cheers,
Ross

1 Like

Interesting that the example on the Harvest website works fine:

https://harvesthq.github.io/chosen/

Also, it’s only the single-select option; the multi-select field can be tabbed into in GF.

Hey Ross, this was flagged as an issue in our accessibility audit earlier this year. It’s something we’re intending to address in 2.5. For now, I would recommend disabling the Enhanced UI option and including/initializing selectWoo manually on the desired fields.

I would recommend running your initialization code inside the gform_post_render JS event.

1 Like

Thanks for the confirmation, great to hear a fix is coming. It’s odd that the base Chosen examples work, but it’s not working within GF. No matter, will look at SelectWoo, or convincing client there’s nothing wrong with the native select dropdowns :slight_smile:

cheers,
Ross

1 Like