Creating fieldset

I’m working on making a form accessible to WCAG 2.1 standards and one element of that is adding fieldsets and legends for my radio buttons and checkboxes. Thus far I haven’t been able to find out how to manually create them, and am using WCAG 2.0 form fields for Gravity Forms. However it’s not been updated in over a year, and I don’t want to rely on a plugin that’s not supported. It seems to work fine, and I’d hoped it would make the changes and leave them when turned off, but when I disable the plugin, the changes are lost. The accessibility documents talk about the what and why of fieldsets but not the how of implementing them. Am I missing something simple?

Hello. You’re not missing something simple. It’s not currently possible to use fieldsets in Gravity Forms. As part of our accessibility push for version 2.5 of Gravity Forms, we are planning to include support for fieldsets (along with hundreds of other accessibility improvements.) At this time, I do not have a solution for you. But when version 2.5 of Gravity Forms is released, I believe you will have the WCAG 2.1 improvements you need. There is no timeline set for the release of v2.5.

I’m having the same issue, where I would like to make our forms as accessible as possible. I’m therefore also missing the and ability. I’m very curious as to when v2.5 with these improvements is planned.

Hi @JMNewrise - have you taken a look at the 2.5 release candidate yet? It’s available for download here https://www.gravityforms.com/my-account/downloads/ - you can install that on a staging site or a test installation (not your live site) or if you don’t want to deal with that, you can set up a free Gravity Forms 2.5 demo here:

1 Like

I’m sorry I am not seeing the fieldset option in the new Gravity Forms 2.5 or later. Where is this feature?

Hello. The fieldset support that was added in 2.5 was used internally to group fields into a fieldset, like the Address field. It’s not possible to add your own fieldsets to the form. If you would like to suggest that usage of the fieldset for inclusion in the future, I recommend adding that to our product roadmap. Click the blue :heavy_plus_sign: in the lower left on this page to add a note for our product team:

https://www.gravityforms.com/gravity-forms-roadmap/

Thank you.

I have instead created an upgraded version of the Fieldset plugin that went defunct over the years.

4 Likes

Hi. Has anyone been able to add a fieldset to checkboxes? I too am trying to be WCAG compliant.

2 Likes