Create a PDF after form submitting (and send it to the user) [RESOLVED]

Hi guys, I’m new with Gravity forms.
After the submit, I want the customer to receive a PDF like the form (with all the details he just put into the form) plus some additional text (like terms and conditions, regulation…)
I’m using Gravity PDF as well but I can’t reach the goal…any suggestion or tutorial or advice?
thank you
fabio

Gravity PDF is definitely the way to go for this type of functionality, it’s one of my most used AddOns.

Have you gotten to the point of successfully sending the PDF and just need to add Terms and Conditions, and Regulations? Or are you still struggling to get it to send?

Hi Nick,

thank you for your reply.
I’m not able to send the confirmation to the user, i don’t know why. Anyway, I can see the PDF in the backend.

In the original form https://fabioalferii.com/newexperiencelab/prova-form-pdf/ you can see there is a text “Con la presente la società sottoscrive il Regolamento Generale e chiede di partecipare alla manifestazione “Esxence- The Scent of Excellence” edizione 2019 nella sezione Experience Lab.”

Well, I cannot find it in the pdf. Do you know why?

When I will solve these issues, I need to add terms and condition and regulations.

Would you please help me?

thank you very much

fabio

Hi Nick,
I had the message back eventually…don’t know wht so much delay, but at the end I got it.
So, now the problem is why, in the PDF, I cannot see the custom HTML text I put in the form (“Con la presente la società sottoscrive il Regolamento Generale e chiede di partecipare alla manifestazione “Esxence- The Scent of Excellence” edizione 2019 nella sezione Experience Lab.”), and how can I add Terms and Conditions and regulation in PDF.

Thank you very much for your help
fabio

HTML fields do not add their data to the PDF.

There are two ways to handle it though:

1. If you’re comfortable with coding, edit the PHP document of the PDF template you’re using and add that content.
    …or if you’re not comfortable with coding…
  2. Add a hidden field with the terms and conditions as the default value. This will set the content on the PDF. Just make sure it’s hidden so that the user can’t edit it.
1 Like

Hi Nick, thank you very much

I was able to show HTML field, there was an option in “Template”, now I get it.

Would you please be so kind to tell me where to find the template used to generate the PDF in which I can add my personal code?

Thank you

fabio

Templates are stored in /wp-content/uploads/PDF_EXTENDED_TEMPLATES

Here’s the documentation for customizing the PDFs.

1 Like

Thank you very much