Changing the license on current gravity forms

I have a site with gravity forms already in place but they are licensed to our former agency. I purchased our own subscription so now how do I change the licensed? I tried to deactivate and re-add the forms but the old forms are still showing up

Hi Robin. Changing the license key does not affect any forms or entries. Normally, that is what is desired (not losing anything when changing the license key.) Are you trying to start over with no forms and no entries, with a new license key?

So if I go into the Forms - Settings and change the License Key there it should work?

Changing the license key there will only change the license key to the new key you entered. It will not have any effect on any forms or entries on the site currently.

ok, so what do I need to do?

Hi Robin. What is your end goal? We can help you with whatever that is. I understand you were using the license of your former agency, and you purchased your own subscription. So you have your own license key now.

You can insert your new license key on the Forms → Settings page.

Once that is done, what would you like to happen next?

My end goal is for the current forms to continue to send notifications to our sales team but be under our new license. What do I need to do to make that happen?

If you do not want to change the way the forms are working, the only thing you need to do is replace the existing license key with your own. After that, the forms will function exactly as they were before you changed the license key. Does that help?

Yes, I think so. Referencing your previous statement that adding the new license, only change the license key to the new key you entered. It will not have any effect on any forms or entries on the site currently. So what I think you are saying is as long as I don’t want to change the forms, just adding the new license key will accomplish my goal. Is that correct?

Yes. If you do not want to change the forms, you can safely add your new license key to the site.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.