Can't connect to MailChimp

Gravity Forms Version 2.6.4
MailChimp Plugin v5.1

Attempting to use the MailChimp plugin. I followed the instructions to connect to MailChimp, then created a feed but was not able to save any form data to the MailChimp account.

Going back through the steps, I tried to disconnect from MailChimp (according to the docs) and found that there were no active API Keys on the account. Also no Registered Apps, in case that matters.

When trying to connect via Chrome, MailChimp opens in a new tab, and after logging in, it goes back to the WP login screen - not to the Setup page. I tried in Firefox and it DID go back to the setup screen, but it never did create the API key on Mail Chimp. Please advise. Thank you.

Based on our experience and the details of the issue I would recommend you to perform a full conflict test while you try to connect the add-on again. Due to the nature of the issue, in this case you need to perform the conflict test manually following all the steps described here: Testing for a Theme/Plugin Conflict - Gravity Forms Documentation

Note that for a valid conflict test, as the documentation explains, the first try must be done with only Gravity Forms and the Mailchimp add-on enabled, all other plugins disabled, and using a default WordPress theme without custom code (e.g. Twenty Twenty-One).

If you don’t feel comfortable doing this in the live site, you will want to create a staging clone for testing. I’m sure your host would be able to assist you with this task.

Thank you for your reply.

I just found that a connection exists between MailChimp and our site n the MailChimp “Integrations” list. I found this information only through the article on MailChimp referenced by the GF documentation page here:

That page should be updated to make it clearer where to find the new OAuth connection. I’ve just wasted an hour on this issue when it was connected the entire time.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.