Alumni Membership Annual or Lifetime

Hello: I am designing a website for an alumni association. We do not plan on having members-only content. We want people to easily join the association for $20 renewable annually or for $400 for a lifetime membership. Can this be set up using just one membership form? If they join for $20, can we set it up so that Stripe will invoice them annually? The Membership Plugin does not appear to offer that option and, again, we do not need restricted content.

Hi Mary Ellen. Yes, you can do this with Gravity Forms and the Stripe Add-On. You will set up your form with a choice of $20 Annual or $400 one-time (lifetime.) Then, you can set up two Stripe feeds. One feed will be a subscription for $20 annually. That will run until it is canceled by you or the member.

Then you will have another feed set up as a single product purchase.

On each Stripe feed, you will use conditional logic so that the $20 subscription feed is processed when they select the $20 annual payment, and the conditional logic on the single $400 payment is processed when they select the $400 lifetime deal.

This does not do anything with their membership level when they stop paying. If you wanted to do something like that, you would need something like our User Registration Add-On to assign a specific role when they sign up, and change their role when the payments stop.

Stripe will bill the user $20 annually for those users who submitted the form with the $20 option.

If you have any other questions, please let us know.

Hello:
Thank you for your response. I will let you know if I have additional questions.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.