Additional content to answers from a drop down list

I’d like to know if it’s possible to create a form where options selected from a drop down list can have additional information, for example, if I choose option A and option B from a list of options, can I also then have something like a rating of each of the options I’ve chosen?

A practical example: from a set of work skills, I choose the skills I have, but I also need to specify the number of years experience of each and also my skill rating for each.

Help is much appreciated here.

There are probably several different ways to accomplish this. It really comes down to what fits your use case the best.

1. You could use a checkbox field for users to select their Skills, those selections would then display additional fields using conditional logic for adding years and rating.

Shared with CloudApp

1. You can use a dropdown field with a pre-populated list of skills, that would then display additional fields, in my demo a list field, for years and rating. You could use a radio field to allow the use to add additional skills, repeating the same fields using conditional logic.

Shared with CloudApp

1. You could use the Chained Selects Add-On (requires an Elite license) which will allow you to pre-populate all fields from a spreadsheet and the user can then select their choices from dropdown fields. Also using a radio button to allow the user to add additional skills.

Shared with CloudApp

1. You could also use pre-populated dropdown fields and a Rating field available with the Survey Add-On (requires an Elite license), and the radio field for additional skills using conditional logic.

Shared with CloudApp

Depending on your use case one or a mix of a couple of these might work. Hopefully that gives you some ideas to get you moving in the right direction.

You could also look into using the third party add-on Nested Forms from GravityWiz Gravity Forms Nested Forms | Gravity Forms Repeater Add-on by Gravity Wiz (demo available at link)

Let me know if you have any questions.