Adding a field to confirmation notice

I want to create a confirmation notice that includes the registration date for a workshop, pulled from the first list of radio buttons. I can’t figure out how to add a field that shows what date was signed up for. I’ve tried putting every date but it just comes up blank. Here is the form: Registration – Partners in Leadership Institute

Hi Julie. If you are using a text confirmation (not a page or redirect) you can add the merge tag directly into the text. Because this is not working for you, I suspect you are redirecting to a Thank You page. To pass the information to that page from the form, you need something like this:

Or you can use a plugin such as this one to ‘catch’ the query string parameter in your WordPress page: URL Params – WordPress plugin | WordPress.org

If you have any other questions, please let us know.

1 Like

Hi Chris, thanks for the quick reply! I am using the text confirmation and adding the merge tag directly into the text but the date the person chooses doesn’t show up, just the quantity. Here is the text I’m using:

Thank you for registering for our upcoming Board Service Orientation for {Dates (August 14, 2023):35.1}{Dates (September 11, 2023):35.2}{Dates (October 9, 2023):35.3}{Dates (November 13, 2023):35.4}{Dates (December 11, 2023):35.5}! You will receive an email reminder a few days prior to your session with the Zoom link and supplemental materials. If you have any questions, please contact Rhianyon@do-good-better.com. Thank you!

The merge tag should work without issue in the text confirmation. Can you please export this form and send the json file to chris@rocketgenius.com? I’ll take a look. Thank you.

Instructions to export a form:

Hi Julie. I imported your form and selected 4 of the 5 checkboxes for the dates. This is what the confirmation looked like:

That is working how you created it, with the merge tags for each option. Can you share a screenshot of what happens on the confirmation when you test the form?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.