Today:time merge tag question [RESOLVED]

This is in response to this topic (Add Timestamp as Hidden Field [RESOLVED]) which was automatically closed.

When does the merge tag dynamically pull in the time? On page load? When the user interacts with the form?

We are using this on a multi-page application that then sends the submitted data to a PDF version. The client mentioned that the time showing in Gravity Forms is different than the time showing on their PDF’s. I assume because the back-end is showing time of submission and the merge tag is grabbing that information earlier.

Right now the today:time hidden field is on the first page of the form. If I move that hidden field to the last page above the submit button, would the time be closer to the submission time that shows in the back-end or does that not matter?

Default values of all fields on all pages of a form are populated when the form is initially displayed. They are not updated when paging or when submitted.

The page containing the form should be excluded from caching, to ensure the form is populated with the latest values.

Thank you Richard. I assumed it was on page load and explained that to the client. The application form is so long that it’s causing 25-35 minute time discrepancies between the PDF and back-end information. Not much I can do. They will have to figure out their internal process and decide which time they want to use.

The date/time the entry was saved is stored with the entry, and available via the {date_created} merge tag, they might be able to use that with the PDF instead.

Yes, I think that should work actually. Thanks!

Yep, for the actual form submission time add the {date_created} merge tag to the PDF header/footer, or to a HTML field specifically for the PDF.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.