SyntaxError: JSON Parse error: Unexpected EOF

Everything I’m describing happens within the admin portal of WP.

When editing a GF that contains a Stripe Card element I get scripting errors. If I try to delete and add another Stripe Card element I get a continuous orange spinning indicator. It also freezes the functionality of the page. It doesn’t freeze the page, I can still scroll and use the WP menu, I just can’t do anything in GF.

Also, when I edit the notifications, either the editor doesn’t load and only ‘Text’ is available or only the ‘Editor’ is available and I can’t access ‘Text’.

I opened up the console and it tells me there is a SyntaxError: JSON Parse error: Unexpected EOF.

Now if I open a GF that doesn’t have a Stripe Card element saved to the form, there are no issues and the console shows no errors.

I’ve tried turning off several of my other plugins, but there are some that I just can’t because the site is live and they are crucial to the website’s functionality.

Can anyone shed some light on this? I’m not a Javascript/AJAX/JSON expert, so I have no idea what to do.

Thanks in advance.
Shawn

Hi Shawn. I recommend opening a support ticket for this issue:

It is near the end of the support hours for the week (in approximately 47 minutes) but that is still likely the best place to get an answer.

Thanks. I’ll do that.

Thank you.

In the meantime, you may want to use the Health Check & Troubleshooting plugin to check for conflicts to see if something is interfering on your site. We describe how to use that plugin for troubleshooting Gravity Forms issues here:

I did the health check and everything is green checks. I can’t find an issue. It’s mind boggling. I wrote support. Thanks for the tips.