Stripe > Account Information Incomplete

Hi,

Is there any insight on why the Stripe “Account Information” doesn’t populate the “Name” field after GF submission? It looks like the only field that does go to Account Information is the “Email” field.
I get almost everything as metadata, but not part of the account information.
The card info is there OK.

Thanks.

Hello @kynetics - do you mean in the Gravity Forms entry, or in your Stripe dashboard?

Hi Chris,

On the Stripe dashboard for each Customer.

What type of transaction is being performed, product/service or subscription?

Hi Richard,

Product.

The add-on doesn’t create customers in Stripe when using that transaction type so the only data sent with the charge is any metadata you map on the feed and the email address for the receipt.

If you wanted to create a customer you could do that using the gform_stripe_customer_id filter in your theme functions.php file or a custom functions plugin.

Hi Richard,

I agree that right now all I am sending is the metadata, and separately the email address. The customer does get created, but some of it’s account information is lacking, and manual entry is required every time to keep things straight.

Regarding the link to the gform_stripe_customer_id, I do have that implemented similarly (below).
Are you saying that there is a way to push the Name field to the Stripe dashboard, and also possibly the billing details there as well by making changes in the functions.php? Let me know if you have any feedback about below… Thanks.

//Gravity Forms - Capture card without charging => GF version 3.4
add_filter( 'gform_stripe_customer_id', function ( $customer_id, $feed, $entry, $form ) {
    GFCommon::log_debug( __METHOD__ . '(): running.' );
    if ( rgars( $feed, 'meta/transactionType' ) == 'product' && rgars( $feed, 'meta/feedName' ) == 'Credit Card Authorization' ) {
        GFCommon::log_debug( __METHOD__ . '(): Working for feed ' . rgars( $feed, 'meta/feedName' ) );
        $customer_meta = array();

$email_field = rgars( $feed, 'meta/receipt_field' );
        if ( ! empty( $email_field ) && strtolower( $email_field ) !== 'do not send receipt' ) {
            $customer_meta['email'] = gf_stripe()->get_field_value( $form, $entry, $email_field );
        }

$metadata = gf_stripe()->get_stripe_meta_data( $feed, $entry, $form );
        if ( ! empty( $metadata ) ) {
                     $customer_meta['metadata'] = $metadata;
        }

$customer = gf_stripe()->create_customer( $customer_meta, $feed, $entry, $form );
        GFCommon::log_debug( __METHOD__ . '(): Returning Customer ID ' . $customer->id );

return $customer->id;
    }

return $customer_id;
}, 10, 4 );

add_filter( 'gform_stripe_charge_authorization_only', function ( $authorization_only, $feed ) {
    if ( rgars( $feed, 'meta/feedName' ) == 'Credit Card Authorization' ) {
        GFCommon::log_debug( __METHOD__ . '(): running for feed ' . rgars( $feed, 'meta/feedName' ) );
        return true;
    }

return $authorization_only;
}, 10, 2 );

add_filter( 'gform_stripe_charge_pre_create', function( $charge_meta, $feed, $submission_data, $form, $entry ) {
    if ( rgars( $feed, 'meta/feedName' ) == 'Credit Card Authorization' ) {
        GFCommon::log_debug( __METHOD__ . '(): running for feed ' . rgars( $feed, 'meta/feedName' ) );
        $charge_meta['save_payment_method'] = true;
    }

return $charge_meta;
}, 10, 5 );

We’re having this same problem. We use this on two sites, and it populates the name on one but not the other. The configuration settings are the same, and we aren’t using anything custom that would populate the name in one place and not another. I contacted Stripe and got this response:

“So all third party apps if used dictate how the payment is sent to the Stripe account. With that said it looks like there are 2 different versions of Gravity Forms being used between the 2 Stripe accounts. You will have to reach out to Gravity Forms and have them integrate the same version you have on your [Working Site] account to use on the [Broken Site] Stripe account.”

The thing is, both sites use the same version of Gravity Forms. There aren’t any discernable differences that we can tell. Also, it worked on the broken one at first, but stopped after a Gravity Forms update.

We seem to be having the same issue as described here. Any help would be appreciated. This was working but sometime in January the ‘customer’ filed stopped populating. Amount, description and date are there but the Customer name is missing.

If anyone is having an issue with this, I recommend opening a support ticket, so support can evaluate the details of your specific situation and provide a solution. Opening a ticket will also ensure that if there is an issue to be resolved, we can be sure it gets in front of the product team. Thank you.

Passing the customer name to Stripe.com is not a feature of the Stripe add-on. But you can do so using a small snippet. Here’s an example: https://docs.gravityforms.com/gform_stripe_customer_after_create/#3-update-stripe-com-customer-data

1 Like

Is there any chance you could update the Stripe plugin to do some of these basic tasks rather than just saying it doesn’t do them? For example, I can’t pass the product name to Stripe when making a payment unless I use the Stripe payment page, it shows “Payment to [company name]” rather than the product name, simply ridiculous!

Feature requests and suggested changes can be sent directly to the product management team, for consideration when planning future releases, using the submit idea button (+) on the roadmap page at Gravity Forms Roadmap - Gravity Forms