Simple Role Creation Input Form?

Hello

Would it be possible to create a very basic user role creation form using GF? It may seem an odd way to go about things but there is method to my madness! I’ve created a number of forms for my client to control various admin tasks and I am keen to continue the trend.

The idea would be to give the client a means to add a new user role with the same set of predefined capabilities every time. The user would simply add a name for the new role, hit “submit” and the role would be created.

Do-able?

Many thanks,

Antar

As you may know this is not a built-in feature, but you can use the following hook which gives you access to all the data submitted in $entry and WordPress core functions to run your own custom snippet for the role creation after the form submission: gform_after_submission - Gravity Forms Documentation

Hi, Samuel -

Thank you for the tip. This is the snippet I use to create a User Role:

add_role('my_new_role', __(
   'My New Role'),
   array(
       'read'            => true, 
       'create_posts'    => false,
       'edit_posts'      => false,
       )
);

How would I best combine this with the code you suggested? I would just need to change the name every time. Can you help me pull the pieces together please?

Thanks,

Antar

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.