Signal Messenger Authentification before Submit

Hi! I want to make sure everyone that submits a form has Signal Messenger installed before submission.

I was thinking of a process like this: before submission I have people give their mobile phone number and send them the contents of a hidden field via signal (say: a random 6 digit number).

They than have to enter the this number in a verification field and submission will only be allowed of the entries in both fields match.

On my server I have a local Signal Client running already and It can send messages, e.g. via a python script.

Now, I think my question is: how do I trigger the external (python) script from inside gravity forms (without submitting the form).

I think I would use a multi-page form, and when they provide their mobile number and click “Next”, you call your Python script using the gform_pre_render filter:

I would not add the code to a hidden field in the form, because that could easily be discovered by viewing the source. If you send the code via your script, you can store it in a form field on this next page of the form, and then compare that code to the code they provide in a field on that page. If the codes match, proceed to the end of the form. Would that work?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.