Sending files as attachments to notifications

I want to let visitors order documents (e.g. whitepapers, slides from a talk etc.) by submitting their email-address and receiving the requested document attached to a message to that email-address in return.

I used a third-party add-on for that purpose, that unfortunately stopped working for me recently and is no longer supported.

Given that this StackOverflow entry alone

got 2’000 views, and offering documents in return for an email address is quite common in online marketing, I think adding that functionality to Gravity Forms core would be a real added value to many users.

You might even consider building on existing code like this

I know about this suggested solution on

and

But as in my case - when there are a number of different files users can request - that solution would require a separate form for each attachment. On top, functions.php needed to be edited for every single new document being offered… Selecting the appropriate attachment based on a parameter in the form and using conditional logic with the notifications solves this issue more elegantly.

Thank you for considering this feature.

1 Like

Hi @rathert - the best place to put this in front of the product team is by adding it to our product roadmap as a feature request. Click the blue :heavy_plus_sign: in the lower left on this page to add a note for our product team:

https://www.gravityforms.com/gravity-forms-roadmap/

Thank you.

Thank you @chrishajer for the link - I added my idea to the backlog :+1:

1 Like