Recipients receiving different notification information based on form choices

I am building a form where customers can choose to join any number of 5 online workshops, all on different dates.

I want a notification to go out to customers including the Zoom password/link to the workshops they have selected, but NOT the workshops they have not selected.

I know this could be done with the conditional logic and several different notification emails, but I was hoping there’d be an easier way, as each month all the links will change, so I don’t want to reconfigure separate notification emails.

Am I missing something? Is there another way aside from creating a notification for each variable of choosing any number of the 5 workshops?

I could put the Zoom password as the ‘value’ for the dates they choose, however how do I get the notification email to show the respondents this value?

Thanks in advance.

Behold the power of the Gravity Forms Conditional Shortcode!

Default shortcode is part of Gravity Forms core. We’ve enhanced it with some advanced features here:

Check out both and let me know if you have any questions!

1 Like

You can use a filter on your functions.php file:
//target form id 203, change to your form id

add_filter( 'gform_notification_203', 'set_notification_content', 10, 3 );
function set_notification_content( $notification, $form, $entry ) {
	if ( $notification['name'] == 'User Notification' ) {} // if you want to filter by notification
	$field_value= rgar( $entry, '1' ); // getting a value of the form
	if($field_value == "XXXX"){
		$notification['message'] = "YYYYYY";
	}
}
1 Like

This looks like it’s the one - thanks so much, just having a play around with it now.

1 Like