Quiz scoring in blocks / sections

I have a paper quiz we use for a long time which has 7 sections with 10 questions in each section. The sections get more difficult as you go through so having a raw score at the end isn’t the best way of using it, it would be better to have the raw score, plus the score per section so we can see for example if they got most right in the first four sections and wrong in the last more difficult sections rather than just say they did above average on the whole thing.
Is this possible to do with GF?

That is not currently possible in Gravity Forms. It’s already on our list of feature requests and I will add your vote there.

Is there a way to get the right answers highlighted in the notification email at least so there is a visual guide then when looking over the results?

@chrishajer, please add another vote!

Currently thinking about breaking out my sections into multiple quizzes, but that isn’t really the best option for right now.

@stephen.shortt, have you figured out any work-arounds to this?

1 Like

I added a vote for you @AndrewGL

1 Like

Nope, @AndrewGL I didn’t get any workaround - to be honest over the holidays i haven’t really looked but will probably have to go elsewhere for this when I start looking at it in the new year.

I would be happy to fund some of the development costs to get this idea bumped up the list!

Could also look at hiring a developer to write a plugin to this extent. Frankly, I’m surprised no one’s done it yet.

Practically, it looks like the form question and answers are stored in one SQL table, and the entries are stored in another.

The quiz scores are also scored in a table, too.

So it may just be a matter of modifying the quiz scoring function to return quiz results by section, and overall.

Of course, I’m a pretty basic coder, so I’m likely over simplifying this.

1 Like

Guys - rather than hiring a developer to build something for me from scratch - how much would it cost to get this pushed to the top of the development line? Happy to contribute up to around 750USD to get this done in the next month or I will have to get some other developer to do something bespoke…

We don’t take on commissioned work like that, but I’ll be sure your feature request gets attention. Thank you.

We also have a job board you might like to try:
https://community.gravityforms.com/c/job-board

1 Like

Let me know if you come up with a solution here. Not sure I’m willing to invest $750 just yet, but it’s a feature I’d like to see.