I’d like to create a Post Submission form with Gravity forms that only has the option for the post title, and then a URL, so that clicking the post title takes you to a link instead of the post page.
I can make a post that does this using the Page Links To plugin, but I don’t see any way to do that with gravity forms. Any suggestions or help would be great.
The ultimate goal is so create a site that is a simple curated list of links to news articles, but we want those links to be easy to submit and utilize the sorting options of posts.
You can use the Gravity Forms plugin to quickly and easily create a custom form for post submissions. This form can include fields for the post title and a URL, and when the form is submitted, the post title and URL will be automatically saved as a post in WordPress.
To create a custom form, you will need to:
- Install and activate the Gravity Forms plugin.
- Create a new form and add a Single Line Text field for the post title, and a URL field for the link.
- Configure the form to create a new post when it is submitted.
- Create a page or post and embed the form using the Gravity Forms shortcode.
- You can also use the Gravity Forms + Custom Post Types plugin to create custom post types and custom fields for your form submissions.
Once the form is created, you can take advantage of the Gravity Forms sorting and filtering options to display the submitted links in the way that best suits your needs. This makes it easy to organize and manage your post submissions.
What that does is create a new post, with it’s own permalink, where the content of the post is a URL. That’s not what I’m trying to do. I’m trying to create a post where the title of the post links to the URL, not the generated pemalink.
So for example, I could have a title that says “check out the latest updates from gravity forms” and when the person clicks the post title on the feed, it would take them directly to https://www.gravityforms.com/category/news/
This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.