Impossible (for me anyway) automation task

I have a holiday booking form on my site. The admin fills in a form of their own to set the date that the holiday calendar resets every year (so employees’ ‘already approved’ dates are removed and they revert to their original balance - in theory anyway)

How can I delete entries based on these two conditions being met, as an automated process (which are also imported as values into the form):

1/ ‘Renewal date’ being reached AND
2/ ‘A unique identifier’ (doesn’t matter what it is, I just need the operator to work with 2 values)

I’m not expecting much on this one, as it pushes too many limits, but I thought I’d give it a go… The answer may not be too far from this:

https://community.gravityforms.com/t/remove-entry-based-on-value-resolved/3892

I’d be grateful (and surprised) if anyone can help.

Hi Mark. The closest I know to this existing anywhere is this plugin from Cosmic Giant:

That can automate the deletion of entries by date, but I don’t see the ability to also include another criteria (your unique identifier.). They may have a filter available for that. I recommend contacting them to ask.

Thank you.

Hi Mark,

Have you looked at Gravity Flow’s Form Connector extension that has a Delete an Entry step type?

Scheduling the deletion based on a field date in the form (or one that you define in the step settings) along with other conditional logic is prety straight forward to it.

Or you could have a combination of the Update Fields step (to reset their entry selections automatically) and then User Input + Approval step if there is an approval process to confirm chosen holidates.

Regards,
Jamie

1 Like

WOW!

Nice

Entry Automation can absolutely achieve this, as Chris mentioned.

You can target entries based on the date chosen in a Date field (or the date the entry was created/updated). From there, you can use Gravity Forms conditional logic to further narrow down which entries are deleted, likes ones containing your unique identifier.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.