How do I prevent a submission from triggering notifications if field does not match input mask?

I have a contact form that asks for a date. I am using a text filed with an input mask for the date. I get periodic spam that inputs non-numeric characters into that field. I would like to know if it is possible to set the form up so that the notification is not triggered when the date field does not match the input mask. How would I go about doing this?

As an example, when I ask for a date, I am expecting this format mm/dd/yyyy. The spam I am getting inputs stuff like “D Swwxtwj movj”. I don’t mind if these entries get recorded, but I don’t want to receive notifications.

Hi Jeremy,

If you are using the 99/99/9999 format in the input mask, no one can insert any alphabetic characters to submit the form. You can also make the field required so that the format must be followed before submitting the form.

For a visual guide, please refer to the following screen recording: :point_down:

screen recording

Give it a try, and let me know how that goes! :smile:

Hey Faisal,

Thanks for the reply.

I have it set up with a “standard” date input mask and the field is required. Is that functionally different than the custom “99/99/9999” date input mask?

Could you please export your form and send me the file so I can further investigate about the issue you’re having? The form won’t have a way to submit with different or random data when using input mask. Thank you

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.