Gravity Forms 2.1.3.8 not working with php7.4

Hi, we’ve upgraded our servers to use php74. One site using Gravity forms plugin for wordpress was using php56. After the upgrade to php74 the web site spews errors regarding Gravity forms such as:

Warning: “continue” targeting switch is equivalent to “break”. Did you mean to use “continue 2”? in /home/redacted/public_html/domain.tld/wp-content/plugins/gravityforms/common.php on line 1234

Warning: “continue” targeting switch is equivalent to “break”. Did you mean to use “continue 2”? in /home/redacted/public_html/domain.tld/wp-content/plugins/gravityforms/common.php on line 1271

Warning: “continue” targeting switch is equivalent to “break”. Did you mean to use “continue 2”? in /home/redacted/public_html/domain.tld/wp-content/plugins/gravityforms/common.php on line 1275

Warning: “continue” targeting switch is equivalent to “break”. Did you mean to use “continue 2”? in /home/redacted/public_html/domain.tld/wp-content/plugins/gravityforms/common.php on line 1300

Warning: “continue” targeting switch is equivalent to “break”. Did you mean to use “continue 2”? in /home/redacted/public_html/domain.tld/wp-content/plugins/gravityforms/common.php on line 3076

Warning: “continue” targeting switch is equivalent to “break”. Did you mean to use “continue 2”? in /home/redacted/public_html/domain.tld/wp-content/plugins/gravityforms/common.php on line 3083

Warning: “continue” targeting switch is equivalent to “break”. Did you mean to use “continue 2”? in /home/redacted/public_html/domain.tld/wp-content/plugins/gravityforms/common.php on line 3096

So the question is how to get Gravity Forms plugin Version 2.1.3.8 to work with php74.

Thanks for your help.

You will need to update Gravity Forms. The warnings you are seeing are fixed in our latest release. Gravity Forms and all our add-ons are compatible with PHP 7.4, and we’re working on PHP 8 compatibility now:

Your version is so old that you won’t be able to update directly to the latest. You’ll need to update in two steps. I recommend opening a support ticket for assistance:

The issue I have is we are only hosting the web sites. I can’t open a support ticket because we have not purchased Gravity Forms.

I have sent the owner of the affected site the email you sent and have told him he needs to purchase.
Thanks.

I saw that we had a support ticket from you, so we’ll continue there if you need more assistance.