Generating large equipment lists from form user checking one check box [RESOLVED]

Hi

I’ll keep this as short as I can.

I would like the form user to check a check box and from just checking that box it will vend a list of equipment needed for that job.

I would need to seporate the items into seporate lists as the number each item needed will be different I.e I will need 2 bbqs per 50 people but I will need 55 plates per 50 people

(Chexbox) BBQ Buffet

(Email notification sends the list required, each item on a new line i.e)
BBQ
fire lighters
charcoal
tongs
Plates
etc etc
so on and so on

The lists could be up to 50 items maybe even more

Is this possible please?

Thanks for your time

Ben

You can setup notifications to be conditional. Would it work to place the list in the body of a notification and then set the notification to conditionally send when that checkbox has been checked?

If you need to send some sort of notification regardless, then you could conditionally include the list by way of the conditional merge tag – something like this…

[gravityforms action="conditional" merge_tag="{:28}" condition="is" value="BBQ Buffet"]List would go here.[/gravityforms]

2 Likes

Hay thank you so much! (I edited the post as you replied) I had no idea that notifications could also be conditional!

How can I learn to understand this short code that you wrote please?

[gravityforms action="conditional" merge_tag="{:28}" condition="is" value="BBQ Buffet"]List would go here.[/gravityforms]

where does this get put and what does the “28” relate to please?

Thanks again

Here are two links that will give you a good overview of this shortcode usage …

Gravity Wiz article
Gravity Forms documentation

The 28 is the field id for the field on which you are checking the condition.

2 Likes