General approach: Woo+GF or GF is enough

Hi,

I raise the following case if someone can contribute their point of view.

I have 10 products.
I work with 5 professions.
5 products are the same for all professions.
The other 5 are different depending on the profession.
Of these 5 different ones, 3 vary depending on age and other characteristics.

Because of which, I want each person to see only the products that they can actually buy.

Suppose you pass a previous form, to determine your profile, and as a result, you can only access 2 products.

Question 1
Do you think that the best way to present these 2 available products is through, for example, WooCommerce?

Question 2
Or could it be avoided and just use GravityForms?

Question 3
In this case, could you have some basic guidelines that can help me to plan the development?

Thanks!
Kind regards.

Answer 1: It depends on your website’s specific requirements and preferences. Both WooCommerce and Gravity Forms can be used to present the products, but the choice between the two will depend on the desired outcome.

If you give the two available products in a way that integrates seamlessly with the rest of your e-commerce setup, WooCommerce might be the better option. On the other hand, Gravity Forms might be a better choice if you want a more flexible solution that allows you to customize the product display and processing.

Answer 2: As explained in Answer 1, both WooCommerce and Gravity Forms can be used to present the products, but the choice between the two will depend on your website’s specific requirements and preferences.

Answer 3: Here are some basic guidelines to help you plan the development of this feature:

• Define the requirements: Clearly define the goals and requirements for your product display, such as the types of products, how they will be filtered, and how users will access them.

• Determine the data structure: Determine how the products and users will be stored and how the relationships between them will be defined.

• Plan the user flow: Plan the user flow from form submission to product display, and determine how users can access the available products.

• Test and refine: Test the solution based on user feedback and performance metrics to ensure the product display is optimized for the best user experience.

1 Like

Thanks for your answer.

The problem I’m seeing is that with Gravity Forms, I don’t know exactly how to display a page that only shows products that match the profile. Because what changes are the products, not the product page. And I don’t know if it is possible to “tag” a product form based on another “determine profile” form.
Using blog posts to embed each product form and tag these posts appropriately could be the solution.

Maybe in WooCommerce this should be easier, correctly labeling each product.

I guess I’ll have to try both options.
Thank you.

Personally, I would just use gravity forms. You could simply set up the first page to determine the customer profession and then use conditional logic to show only the products that are appropriate to that particular profession.

1 Like

Ok this may seem stupid but how do i add woo products to a form? I am so confused. I purchased woo addons and i have the commerce add on. I know i can add products and checkout with something like stripe but what about the products? For example i sell woo comm subscription products, how could i sell that on Gravity forms?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.