Entry Date Remove Timestamp & Registration Add-on pulling in stored data

Hello!

I have the {entry_date} getting submitted to a users Wordpress profile after a submission (using GF Registration add-on). Custom_Field = Entry Date

Then call the custom field into another form, if the user uses that form. They might not use it, but if they do I display the last order date by > using the merge tag {user:custom_field}. It pulls in just fine… The issue I am having is, the date spits out with a timestamp, which I need removed. Is this possible?

I need the entry date to submit and/or display m/d/y only.

I have tried creating a work around, but the moment I tie a field to the registration add-on it pulls the old data into any form where the registration add-on is - even if I am not using the {user:profile_data} merge tags. This is so fustrating becauase I need the fields to only have the current items not the old items that are stored, if this makes sense.

I guess in the end, I have two issues. lol ANy help would be VERY Much appreciated.

Thank you!

Update: ANYONE Looking for a solution (who actually understood what my need was)

This will remove the timestamp from the entry date within your metadata. Just keep the registration addon setup to enter the entry date into your custom field. In my case it was “order_date”

add_filter( 'gform_user_registration_meta_value', function ( $value, $meta_key, $meta, $form, $entry, $is_username ) {
    if ( $meta_key == 'order_date' ) {
        $value = date('m/d/Y');
    }
    return $value;
}, 10, 6 );

This seems to be the same request that you sent us via support ticket, as we have replied to the ticket already, I’m closing this to avoid duplication.