Email Authentication

Hi there

Can Gravity Forms be setup, so that when someone fills out a form, it will have some way to ensure the sender is authentic, such as confirming themselves via an email?

Thanks a lot

You could send whatever your important content is in the email confirmation to them. If they provide an invalid email address, they will never receive the content. You could also use the gform_field_validation filter to check the email address against a 3rd party API:

Hi Chris

Thanks, but not quite what I was after.

What I’m needing, is where a user would receive a notification email, with a link saying something like “Please click here to confirm your email for form submission”.

Thanks a lot

You can do that with our User Registration add-on (requires an Elite license).

Ok, I’ve implemented that, have made myself an example where a new user registration can verify themselves by ‘clicking here’ in an email, and it works.

However, what I’m trying to achieve, is get people to verify the form they have submitted. There is no need for any user registration.

I don’t know of a way to do exactly what you wanted (send an email that has a link they need to confirm their account) but the User Registration will do that. It just has the extra feature of creating a user, which you do not need. I don’t have any other suggestions I’m afraid, but I will leave this open in case anyone has another approach to add. Thank you.

I just got a notification about this plugin which seems to do what you’re looking for: