Dynamically populate user info with user profile

Hi,

I’m looking for a way to dynamically populate a form depending on which user profile (using the Ultimate Member plugin at the moment to generate profile pages) you are currently looking at from the frontend.

You can use meta tags for the currently logged in user, but I need to be able to retrieve, fill and send out the form for other users with their specific data. Is this possible in any way?

There’s no built-in integration for Ultimate Member, so what you’re describing is not something you can do out of the box.

There’s a filter that you can use to alter merge tags output with your own custom code: gform_merge_tag_filter - Gravity Forms Documentation

If you have a way to get the user ID for the user that is going to be loaded from Ultimate Member, maybe you could create a custom function to change the default merge tags behavior. Or create new ones using this other filter: gform_replace_merge_tags - Gravity Forms Documentation

Thank you so much for your quick reply, Samuel!

Would it work with BuddyPress since there are integrations for that plugin? I haven’t been able to quite find anyone else with the same issue for that plugin yet…

I’ll see what I can do with the merge tag filter in the meantime to adjust for each user id. The user ids are currently always in the url slug, but I haven’t been able to load them that way either. I am using the gravity forms populate anything addon from gravity wiz, but it hasn’t worked so far.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.