Documentation to add a new field to an address type (not adding a new address type itself)

I’m following the documentation for adding new address types in Gravity Forms located here: https://docs.gravityforms.com/gform_address_types/

My goal is to add a new dropdown for County where State should be and move State and Zip to the next line together.

This documentation seems to just show how to rename the fields which are already on the address type. Is there a way to:

1. Add a new field to the address? I want to add a field County.
  2. Adjust the layout of the form fields? I want the new County field above State and Zip.
1 Like

I think you will need to create a new address type using the gform_address_types filter. You could follow this example I think:

That’s actually the link I meant to post. I was following that documentation for the gform_address_type

It explains how to add a new address type but not how to add an actual field to that address type.

Hi Avi - I’m trying to accomplish the exact same thing. Did you ever find a solution for this?
Thanks
Hila

Hi Hila. I recommend opening a new topic and asking your question there. This topic is pretty old. Thank you.