Customizing the field validation error warning text

Hello everyone,

I set the Registration form to not allow duplicate entries (ex.: Email, Username).
I set the Custom Validation Message for the username field to:
“Please choose a valid and unique username”

And for the email field:
“Please enter a valid and unique email address”

When the user enters an existing email and submits, the validation error displays
“That email address has already been used. Please check your inbox for an activation email. It will become available in a couple of days if you do nothing.”

Troubleshooting:
I did delete the entry from within Gravity Forms settings, it was pending and never activated to begin with.

• Why isn’t the custom validation message overriding the default one? The default validation message is misleading the users since I’m using Manual activation for the registration entries, no “activation email” is being sent out unless the entry is activated by the admin.

Same thing for the username field “That username is currently reserved but may be available in a couple of days”

• How long is the “couple of days”? Can we customize or remove that timeframe and allow the entry deletion to take precedence?

From what I understand, those entries need to be deleted from the DB as well?

Thank you in advance.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.