Count number of entries by a unique ID and update the count field

Hi All,

I’ve been going around in circles trying to get this one working. I’ve invested in a couple of premium plugins, tried Gravity Math and a range of custom code functions. The closest I’ve got is the solution provided by Chris (here: Different notifications / confirmations based on amount of submitted entries - #2 by chrishajer).

I need to expand on this to not count ALL entries, but only entries submitted by a user ID.

My use case goes like this:

Each time a lesson is complete (on an external platform), I am creating an entry via incoming webhook.

I want to count the number of lessons completed by each student so we can send a notification (using GravityFlow) when X number of lessons is complete.

A new entry is created with student ID 123. This is the first entry so the count is 1.
A new entry is created with student ID 566. This is the 4th entry so count is 4.

Conditional logic notification will trigger once the 5th lessons is complete for unique student ID.

This seems like it should be pretty straight forward but I haven’t found a way to achieve this. Any help and guidance will be gratefully received.

Thanks!

Hi Eve,

As you already have Gravity Flow involved, this should be an easy one to approach yes. I’ve put a couple ideas and links here, but if you need more assistance to get it into working solution, please reach out to our support team and we’ll help you with the rest.

Regards,
Jamie

Hi Eve,

You can use the {count} merge tag of our GP Populate Anything Perk to populate a Hidden field with the number of entries submitted on a form, and you can add a filter to get the count of entries submitted by a specific user or the current user. You can then use the Hidden field value to set up any conditional logic you want. If you have any questions, contact us via our presales forms, and we’ll gladly answer your questions.

Best,

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.