Conversational Add-on to Compete with Typeform

I’d like to support/vote for this feature also on your open request.

It is something our clients re requesting and instead of Gravity we are having to recommend alternative solutions.

Hello @Weavebranding - please add your voice here:

https://www.gravityforms.com/gravity-forms-roadmap/

Thanks Chris, I couldn’t see the Open Request you mentioned a few comments above in that list ?

Ah, sorry about that. It may not be on the public roadmap. Go ahead and submit your request with a measure of how important this feature is to you. Thank you.

I have already submitted a request for this feature.
However, it doesn’t yet show up on the feature request page.

Please publish it so everyone can vote for it.

Thanks,

Thank you for your submission. Not all requests are published, but as they get more traction and we decide to consider or tackle them, they show up on the roadmap.

I’d also like to add my vote for this.

This is a great Gravity implementation of what I’s like to achieve.

Auto advancing / Conversational stepping through and similar to Typeform.

It is all minified, so not sure if it is using any add-ons for the auto advancing or all custom js

4 Likes

@DuxDigital - Looks excellent! Your link is exactly what the GF community is asking for.

I’ve also been speaking with Beauty Gravity about their plugin. The dev team is still working on making Gravity Forms as smooth, fast, and attractive as Type Form. As mentioned previously, Last Form (which is no longer supported or developed), also made Gravity Forms compatible to Type Form.

I’m very excited that the community is paying attention and requesting these absolutely essential features. I’ve considered moving to Type Forms because of delays on Gravity Form getting their platform up to date. We need beauty and speed. We need focus. We need conversions.

Every day that passes, Gravity Forms loses more and more developer license renewals (that is what we are). If these features were available now, the opposition would be true!

@Community - Please continue to post here so GF Dev team will listen or at minimum work with another dev team (like BeautyGravity or DuxDigital) to get the job done.

Thank you everyone! Let’s keep the dream alive! Comment comment comment!

4 Likes

Hey, thanks for mentioning the plugin we created. Just to let everyone know, we are working on making the PRO version of the Auto Advance plugin include an option to change the style or display from steps to conversational. In other words, fading the next question above and below rather than displaying a step at a time.

Right now, the Basic version does everything you need to build a conversational form with G forms, you can auto advance on selections, works with polls, quizes, etc. You can also hide the submit button.

The difference in the PRO version is the ability to assign conditional fields that don’t follow the auto-advance rule. So if C is selected, a text field is displayed along with a next button.

Here is the demo for the two versions - https://gformsdemo.com/gravity-forms-auto-advance-demo/

Obviously I am affiliate with this plugin, but for 90% of people who are trying to do something that is more fluid, the free version on the repository is going to be perfect.

You can see our changelog and roadmap for the plugin here - https://trello.com/b/z4vTvFop/multipage-auto-advance

4 Likes

@zerzendesign - Thank you for the update. Auto advance is an essential feature to compete with Type Form.

@community - Beautygravity released 2.0 and they now have a much faster pagination feature (I’d still like it to be even faster like TypeForm Speeds). See here --> https://sehreideas.com/beauty-gravity/demo/gravity-forms-multi-page-navigation-speed-up/

Between both of these plugins, we are getting closer! Beauty Gravity told me that they are not actively adding new features to Beauty Gravity and that they are going to wait until they get more requests/feedback. Please start sending them feedback and requests. AND PLEASE BUY their plugin so they have some incentive to continue development.

Here is what they said:

“Dear sir
We sincerely appreciate for your message and promoting us in gravity Forms community.
The link bellow shows you the speed of navigation between pages. From now on beauty gravity’s development has come to its end while the Development Team is working on another plugin. For now wee prefer to continue according to our working schedule which is supporting the plugin. We may add features also based on the amount of feedbacks and requests sent to us.
Best Regards
SehreIdeas Support Team”

Thanks for sharing the updates on Beauty and Auto Advance.
However, none of these plugins offer what TF Does.
We need GF to improve the aesthetic look, feel and experience for GF taking inspiration from TF.

For now, we are no longer using GF but will keep our subscription active in the hope that GF will release the new interface soon.

BeautyGravity looked really good!! Love the idea of the themes, tooltips, icons, and the animations!! After I did some testing, I did find that it didn’t style all fields (usernames, passwords, etc). It would be nice if there was more control over the font size, border colors, etc. I wish all of these features were in Gravity Forms core!

1 Like

Just adding my vote for a Conversational Add-on.

1 Like

Hello Francoise. Can you please submit your feedback here as well?

https://www.gravityforms.com/gravity-forms-roadmap/

Thank you.

Hello Chris,

No I cannot.

As a lot of persons already pointed out in the forum, what we ask here is nowhere to be find in the roadmap. That’s very strange because it’s obviously one of the most wanted feature.

Bests,

1 Like

FYI, there’s a blue plus button at the bottom of the Roadmap page that allows you to submit new ideas if they aren’t already on the list.

1 Like

Hello Françoise, the request may not be visible, but as Jake said, you can add a new request using the Plus sign. Only requests that are Under Consideration, Planned or Launched will show up there. We have a lot of requests which have been submitted but have not yet made it onto the roadmap. The only way do us to gauge the interest is by people voicing their opinion and submitting their idea/feedback there. Thank you.

All right, I’ve hadded my voice with the pretty well hidden “+” sign.

Thanks.

2 Likes

I just submitted my vote as well. As a long time GF Developer license holder it’s disappointing to see other features being prioritized ahead of this. Conversational forms convert at a significantly higher rate than traditional forms across many industries (we have tested this extensively). Not having this feature defeats the purpose in many ways.

It doesn’t seem like that complicated of a feature. Some JS/CSS, Ajax, and boom, we’re all converting more visitors into leads.

Lets go GF, make this happen asap for your loyal customers! Much love!

3 Likes