Cannot log out with User Registration Add-On Login Widget

After clicking log out in the Login Widget of the User Registration add-on, I get an error page entitled “Something Went Wrong” with the following message:

" You are attempting to log out of My Site
Do you really want to log out? "

Clicking on Log Out does not actually log out the user.

I see someone else had this exact same issue and resolved it by changing their caching plugin. User Registration: Log Out Issue [RESOLVED]

However, I turned off all caching plugins and still have the issue.

Some research suggests that the issue might be with the nonce. The expiration of the nonce needs to be set appropriately. I am not sure how long to set it for in seconds though. I tried 30 and then 60 seconds by adding the following filter to my theme’s functions.php file but neither worked:

add_filter( 'nonce_life', function () { return 30; } );

I turned on debug mode and discovered a couple of notices

ob_end_flush(): failed to send buffer of zlib output compression (0) in /public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4669

Notice : ob_end_flush(): failed to send buffer of zlib output compression (0) in /public_html/wp-content/plugins/complianz-gdpr/class-cookie-blocker.php on line 83

I tried turning off the complianz plugin and zlib.output_compression in PHP.ini but neither resolved the issue.

Clearing my cookies and browser cache also did not resolve the issue. (Deleting the cookies logs the user out but as soon as the user logs back in, they cannot log out normally, without deleting their cookies again.)

By the way, this is a multisite install, and have GF elite license I believe.

With your Elite license, I recommend opening a Priority Support ticket for this issue:

Thanks will do!