Can You Help with CSS for Input Font Colours please?

Hi, I am new around here, second day using Gravity Forms, hope you are safe and well :smile:

I am having trouble changing the input colour of text in all fields. I am not a CSS expert but can usually work these things out, with some trial and error.

I would like all the input text to be Green as shown, but can only get the Drop Down Input text green, as you can see here:

The form is here: Leo Contact » AliDeck

My CSS is in the CSS section of the page and I am using Avada, with the Gravity Forms Element.

I used some css to remove some of the spacing between fields, as that was a bit off, and here’s my complete code after some trial and error, but I still cannot get the rest of the input text to appear green:

.gform_wrapper .gfield input:not([type="radio"]):not([type="checkbox"]):not([type="submit"]):not([type="button"]):not([type="image"]):not([type="file"]),
.gform_wrapper .gfield select,
.gform_wrapper .gfield textarea {
  border: 1px solid #ccc;
  font-size: 16px;
  color: #8bc73f;
  padding: 8px 15px;
}

body .gform_wrapper textarea {
    height: 150px!important;
}

.gform_wrapper li.hidden_label input {
    margin-top: 1px;
}

If anyone can help that would be much appreciated, thank you.

Leonardo

Hi Leonardo. I found your form here:

It looks like the input text is all green as you can see here:

What you see in Grey is the placeholder text. That is a browser default. I would recommend leaving that as it. If it were green, it would be difficult to tell if the visitor typed in something, or if they were still seeing the placeholder.

If you actually do want to style the placeholder text, please have a look at this article:

@chrishajer - thanks for you help. I was confused with Placegholde and input text, but understand that now.

I used the code from Stack as is, to test it and in an ideal world, this is what I would like to happen.

When you arrive on the page, all the text you see, the Placeholder text needs to be light Grey, including the text in the Drop Down.

Then, when you type, the text turns green (pr black) so you can see the difference.

At the moment, when you arrive, I have three different colours.\

Grey in the first 5 fields.
Green in the DropDown.
Purple (from the stack code) in the Message field and I left this purple so we could see the difference.

Are you able to point me in the right direction please?

Once I get my head around this, I will be ok moving forward.

Thank you.