Can I send a notification with custom content in code?

To clarify, I would like to send a custom admin notification without a specific form attached to it, populated with content generated from certain conditions in code. For example, a user submits a form, some code is run based on the content of the form entry which is ultimately used to make a REST API call. Then based on the result of that REST API call, let’s say receiving a list of resources available to that user, is it then possible to trigger a Gravityforms notification populated with that data?

I see that there is a GFCommon::send_notification function, but looking at the code I’m not sure how I would apply it to this situation. Any thoughts?

You can use the following filter to add your own custom Event for notifications: gform_notification_events

That will allow you create a notification in your form as usual, and select your custom event for the Event setting in the notification.

You can hook your code for the API call to gform_after_submission, which gives you access to $form and $entry, then once you’re ready to trigger the notification, you would include your custom event as part of the function call, example:

GFAPI::send_notifications( $form, $entry, 'your_custom_event' );
1 Like

If you would like a less code intensive solution, I would recommend you look at Gravity Flow.

• The outgoing webhook step includes response mapping into fields (including reading from within arrays or complex structures - such as translations\0\text). If the API is particular about structures it receives that the raw body format isn’t enough gravityflow_webhook_args lets you customize through code. On the response side there is also gravityflow_entry_webhook_response_mapping

• Notification steps (and all steps) can define conditions on whether to execute or not - with similar UI as you are used to for defining conditional logic to show/hide fields on a form.

• If following the notification you want them to approve a choice or provide more details the approval step or user input steps may be of use to cover a larger part of your business process than just the initial form submission.

Cheers,
Jamie

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.