Allow Advanced Post Creation to Work on Editing Posts

I am excited to use the new Advanced Post Creation add-on. But it falls majorly short on being usable for most of my projects as there is not a way that I can see to use it to edit a post.

It seems like if you just added a hook to the create_post() function before calling wp_insert_post(), so that we could update the post object with an ID, it would solve that problem?

1 Like

The Advanced User Registration addon handles things quite nicely creating and editing user. I wish the same mechanics were applied to the Post Creation addon. It almost feels incomplete without this ability.

We have it on our list of requested features and I will add a vote for you.

Hopefully we’ll see this soon. Interaction with Custom Post Types is a huge deal!

1 Like

I too would like to see this added.

1 Like

I added a vote for you @fatsoma

I would like to see this added as well, very looking forward to it.

Has there been any progress on this from GF? I’m curious if this has been started or not.
I’ll volunteer to beta test if that is available. I have some projects that would really benefit from this.

In a perfect world, I see using ACF on the backend and GF for the frontend to customize content, update custom posts, and more.

There hasn’t been any progress on this. The feature request is still open. I’ll add your vote.