YYYY-MM-DD merge tag

Hello!

I have a hidden date field (YYYY-MM-DD) that I want to populate with the current date using Gravity Flow’s update field workflow step. The goal being, I want to use Gravity View to filter entries based on when a particular step occurred in the workflow.

Is there a merge tag that will work for this format, or can I create a custom one (and how?)

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Hello. In Gravity Forms, you can do that with the gform_field_value filter:

However, because you want to do that with a Gravity Flow workflow step, I do not think the same filter applies. I recommend asking their support for the proper way to do that in Gravity Flow. Thank you.

Thanks Chris!

Just to confirm - all variations of the gravity forms date field stores in the database as MM/DD/YYYY or DD/MM/YYYY and not MM-DD-YYYY or DD-MM-YYYY?

If I’m unable to save the date with dashes, I can update the field after using the below snippet:

add_action( ‘gravityflow_step_complete’, ‘sh_gravityflow_step_complete’, 10, 4 );
function sh_gravityflow_step_complete( $step_id, $entry_id, $form_id, $status ) {
if ( $step_id == ‘302’ ) {
$entry = GFAPI::get_entry( $entry_id );
if ( ! is_wp_error( $entry ) ) {
GFAPI::update_entry_field( $entry_id, ‘355’, date_i18n( ‘Y-m-d’, $local_timestamp, true ) );
}
}
}