We want a hidden field to dictate what form fields are dispayed on the final AJAX page. But it appears that Conditional Logic is ignoring my hidden field. Below explains our setup.
I have a single-line form field that has a default input of “prequalified”. This field should never be displayed to users and its visibility is set to hidden. Its purpose is to be used to help decide what form field a user should see at the end of the form. We place this above the page break prior to the 3 dynamic form fields we want to display
Hidden Prequalified Field
At the end of our form we need to display one of 3 different messages:
- “Not Qualified”
- “Qualified for company A - D”
- “Qualified for company E - H”.
Gravity Forms needs to decide which of these 3 fields are displayed based on if ALL the below conditions are met:
- If the hidden “prequalified” field conditions are met
- the user’s preferred company does no
I expect a user to see the “Qualified for company A - D” IF their responses meet the conditional logic configured in the hidden “prequalified” field AND if they did NOT choose companies E, F, G, or H. Below are two fields and the conditional logic that decides if they display::
Qualified for company A - D
Qualified for company E - H
If a user does not meet ANY of the eligibility criteria, we then display the “Not Qualified” form field. The same conditional logic rules configured here are the same configured in the hidden “prequalified” field.
Currently, when a referral does not meet the eligibility criteria, they are seeing both the “Not Qualified” field AND one of the two “Qualified for company…” fields.
We expect that only one of the three possible fields are displayed. We do not want a “Not Qualify” message and a “Qualify for company…” messages displayed at the same time.
I was able to replicate and repeat this issue. I also had this issue in preview. I removed the locations, and still had this issue. We are running GF v2.4.24. You can test this form for yourself at https://www.vantagetrials.com/test-post/
To qualify please answer as below:
- Choose a location =
companyA, companyB, compancyC, companyD, companyE, companyF, companyG, companyH
- Are you between the ages of 30 – 70?
- Are you currently dealing with sciatica pain or numbness that radiates (shoots) down behind your buttock, thigh, or leg?
Any answer but NO
- Where is your sciatica pain worst?
anything but “mostly in my back”
- Does your sciatica pain mostly affect one leg or both?
anything but “both legs”
- For many people, their sciatica leg pain comes and goes in cycles. If you think about this CURRENT bout of pain you are dealing with, about how long has it lasted?
anything but “more than 1 year”
- Have you ever been diagnosed by a doctor as having a bulging or herniated disc in your lower back?
Any answer is fine
- Have you ever had surgery on your lower back?
Any answer is fine
- Are you willing to consider a single injection for your sciatica symptons?
- Are you currently involved in any litigation regarding your low back/leg pain, or receiving worker’s compensation?
qualified responses and companyA = display qualified - A through D
qualified responses and company E = display qualified - E through H
no qualified response = display not qualified
Can Gravity Forms use the value defined in the hidden “prequalified” field?
Are there any errors in my configuration or assumptions I have?
Thanks in advance for your help.