Slim Image Cropper for Gravity Forms Replacement

Sure. I’ll add your feature request to our list!

2 Likes

Following on from my last update, Image Hopper 1.3.0 and Image Hopper Editor 1.0.1 was released this week. The key focus of this update was deep integration with Posts, Custom Post Types, and the Media Library.

Post Image Hopper Field

Image Hopper Post Image field in the Form Editor

Gravity Forms native Post Image field uses an old-school HTML upload field which is processed during form submission. The new Post Image Hopper field blows this out of the water by building on top of the beautiful user experience you get when using the standard Image Hopper field.

I love how deep the integrations can go with Image Hopper. For example, you can enhance Gravity Forms’ Post fields with the Gravity Forms + Custom Post Type plugin and you’re no longer limited to the “Post” type. Throw in GravityView on top and use their edit entry feature to keep your Post Image Hopper Featured Image field in sync automatically.

Advanced Post Creation Add-on

The screenshot of an Advanced Post Creation feed.

For those Elite Gravity Forms license holders, you’ve access to an amazing add-on called Advanced Post Creation, which is like the Post fields on steroids. You can use any field types (besides the Post fields) and map them to any Post / Page / Custom Post Type (CPT). The standard Image Hopper field now fully supports this add-on, and you can easily add the images to your Media Library, as a Featured Image, in a gallery in the Post Content, or store in a Custom Field for use with plugins like Advanced Custom Fields (ACF).

Gravity Perk Media Library

The Advanced Post Creation Settings Screen with Image Hopper included
The new Perks tab displayed when the Gravity Perk Media Library add-on is activated on your site.

Another popular way to save your uploaded files to the Media Library is to use the Gravity Perk Media Library add-on. When this plugin is active on your site, a new Perks tab is added to the standard Image Hopper field in the Form Editor so you can enable this functionality. This is useful when you want Media Library integration, but not the created Post that comes with the other two solutions. You can optionally follow this Gravity Wiz guide and have those images automatically optimised when added to the Media Library and offloaded to Amazon S3 (this can also apply to the Post Image Hopper field and the Advanced Post Creation add-on).

Extras…

A new error message that is shown when users try drag and drop more images than the field supports.

There were 10 bugs fixed in this release that resolves a number of edge-case issues reported by our users (thanks :grin:), and brings greater stability to the software. The Image Hopper Editor also saw two bugs fixed, one of which resolved duplicate images being created when editing existing entries. We also introduced a new public error message when a user tries to drop more images onto Image Hopper than is allowed (and translated to French, German, and Spanish).

Any questions, comments, or feedback, just let me know.

I’ve really appreciated all the feedback everyone has provided about Image Hopper so far, and I look forward to continuing to grow the software to support even more integrations in the future.

Enjoy!

1 Like

Hey everyone! It’s been a few months since the last release, but today I’m excited to show off Image Hopper 1.5!

Features

We added a heap of cool stuff, including new integrations with third party add-ons, and a bunch of bug fixes to improve the overall functionality.

The highlights include:

1. Reorder Images - drag and drop images to reorder them, or use the keyboard. Special attention was paid to ensuring a good UX for people with a disability.

2. Prevent Small Image Uploads - set a minimum threshold and prevent users uploaded images smaller than your limit

3. Small Image Alert - show a warning message to the user if an uploaded image is smaller than the threshold you set.

4. Automatically crop and upscale images - this functionality has been moved from the Editor add-on to Image Hopper core

5. GravityView Import Entries - export entries from one site and import them into another. Image Hopper is now supported.

6. GravityView Enhancements - GravityView now takes over the output of Image Hopper fields in Views, which means all the same settings as a standard File Upload field such as setting the image width, displaying the URL to images instead of the image itself, and support for gv-gallery.

We’ve had a lot of feedback since launch about our pricing model in relation to the Image Editor feature and we’ve rejigged all the licenses. I’m pleased to announce that the editor functionality is now available to all three license types we currently offer (plus a lite version without the editor).

What’s next?

The image editor functionality is going to get a big overhaul. Stay tuned!

2 Likes

That big update I talked about in July landed this week! Image Hopper 2.0 brings big improvements to the image editing experience. Highlights include:

• New UI for the image editor with better accessibility and layout at different browser sizes
  • Light and Dark modes
  • Undo / Redo features to compliment the existing revert feature
  • Multiline text annotations
  • New Temperature, Gamma, Clarity, and Vignette setting controls
  • Native support for WebP and BMP images

Here’s a quick video of the new editor UI:

If you’re still on the fence about how useful Image Hopper can be to your business, this video talks about the benefits of the plugin and shows off a bunch of use cases that Image Hopper customers have been using in the wild:

Happy to answer any questions you might have about how Image Hopper can help you in your next project.

3 Likes

Since my last update Image Hopper 2.1 and 2.2 have been released and both updates are packed full of outstanding features. :tada:

I personally love the new redact feature in the editor. It’s simple to use, and something that works really well when you are using Image Hopper in a help desk-type environment. The HEIC support is a close second, as it means your iPhone users don’t need to do anything special when uploading their .HEIC images snapped right from their phone.

Feel free to ask me any questions about the latest releases.

2 Likes

This month we pushed out an Image Hopper release that makes it simple to do per-image billing, thanks to a handy new :count merge tag modifier. The image editing experience also got further refinements when adding text annotations and zooming in/out. Enjoy!

2 Likes