Need help with gform_pre_render to populate a dropdown list

Hello everyone. This is my first attempt to dynamically populate a dropdown list using gravity forms. My goal is to pull the data from an API. But for now, I’m just trying to get the list to populate with any data. I have pieced together the code below into a plugin but none of the hooks even show as loaded in query monitor and the dropdown is empty. I have checked the form title and the cssClass and both are correct. Thanks in advance for any help.

<?php
/*************************************************
 Grab Names for Dynamic Gravity Form Dropdown
**************************************************/

//Create Gravity Forms filter
add_filter( 'gform_pre_render', 'populate_choices' );

//Note: when changing choice values, we also need to use the gform_pre_validation so that the new values are available when validating the field.
add_filter( 'gform_pre_validation', 'populate_choices' );

//Note: when changing choice values, we also need to use the gform_admin_pre_render so that the right values are displayed when editing the entry.
add_filter( 'gform_admin_pre_render', 'populate_choices' );

//Note: this will allow for the labels to be used during the submission process in case values are enabled
add_filter( 'gform_pre_submission_filter', 'populate_choices' );

function populate_choices($form) {
     // Retrieve mock data
    if ( $form['title'] != "BusinessClassification") return $form;

$vendorNames = get_mock_data();

// Populate choices for select fields
    foreach ($form['fields'] as &$field ) {
        if ($field->type == 'select' && strpos( $field->cssClass, 'company-dropdown') !==false){
            $field->choices = array(); // Clear existing choices
            foreach ($vendorNames as $option) {
                $field->choices[] = array('text' => $option, 'value' => $option);
            }
        }
    }

return $form;
}
function get_mock_data() {
    // Simulate data retrieval
    $contracts = array(
        array('name' => 'Vendor 1'),
        array('name' => 'Vendor 2'),
        array('name' => 'Vendor 3')
    );

// Extract unique vendor names
    $vendorNames = array_unique(array_column($contracts, 'name'));

return $vendorNames;
}
?>

The code looks to be legit. As you’ve hinted at, the code may not be getting loaded on the site. I’d recommend checking into that. Once you’ve confirmed loading (or to help confirm loading), you may want to add some Custom Logging Statements to the snippet.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.