How to Manage 100's of Forms?

I have a project with hundreds of forms. How do you all manage large numbers of forms? Is anyone aware of a filing system for forms or kind of folder functionality to create some kind of hierarchical way to organize forms?
cheers, Marko

Good question. I would love to hear how people handle this.

Anyone have any answers to this?

@waukeag We work with many forms on some of our client sites and we use a quite strict policy for Form titles, for example (actually used for a client):
Projectname - YY - Form title - extra information

You can use any separator or structure of separators you like. Maybe something like:
MARKETING #3 - HVB: Subscribe to newsletter
Here, the first capital word is category, the second hashtag (#) value is your unique id, the third value is dashed and than in capitals some other identifier (if needed) and behind the : (colon) you can add any structure (or leave room to developers).

I think it depends a lot on the business process of your client (or your own business) which structure works best. We use it a lot to filter certain forms easily and make the best use of the Search Forms option:

So in short, when creating 100’s of Forms, it helps to (1) pay extra attention to your form title, (2) create and define some unique identifiers that you want to use to filter or search titles & (3) learn how to search quickly for categories, tags or other identifiers in your form title. You’re in control.

/HVB

1 Like

Hey folks! I know I’m resurrecting an old thread, but the topic is still relevant and I figured you might especially have interest. I just put a plugin out into the wild that allows for the organizing of forms. You can get a peek of it here…

2 Likes

Hi Lewis. Do you have a link for the Forms Manager plugin you’re referring to? This message sort of looks like spam, but I’m hoping it’s not, and I would like to share the information with the community.

Why don’t those nice people at Gravity develop a Category system for forms so that we can easily keep our forms in a properly structured repository - it’s a major weakness with the plugin and I’m not sure it is addressed adequately by other plugins and add-ons. Come on Gravity - any chance?

Hi @bsowebteam - if you think this is a good candidate for inclusion in Gravity Forms core, rather than an add-on, I recommend adding a note for our product team to our product roadmap. Click the blue :heavy_plus_sign: in the lower left on this page to add a note for our product team:

https://www.gravityforms.com/gravity-forms-roadmap/

Thank you.

Hi,

I see that this is an old thread and wonder if there is any updated suggestions or solutions for this?

I have just posted my use case here which is similar to the OP Managing large number of forms for products add on

Thanks