Gravity Form Email Notification Issues

Hi there!

I recently created a form which has a notification email to a subscriber to receive their link to download the PDF. My issue is that SOMETIMES the email notification will come through, some not at all and if it does come through then there’s a big delay in getting the email.

Wordpress/Gravity Forms is still getting the entry on the backend as well.

I checked for email spam trigger words and the plugin is up to date. I’ve tried searching for this issue and having no luck. Please help.

Thank you!

Hi Sally. Once Gravity Forms hands the message over to the mail server, there’s no more that Gravity Forms can do. If that message does not arrive, the issue is with one of the mail servers involved (sending or receiving) or with the configuration of the actual notification. The first thing you can do, to see what’s happening with the notification after the form is submitted is to enable logging:

You can enable logging by going to Forms > Settings > Logging. Select: On, then [Save Settings]. By default this will enable all logging on your site. Documentation for Enabling Logging: https://docs.gravityforms.com/logging-and-debugging/#enabling-logging

After enabling logging, please test the form.

Once you have tested the form, go back to Forms > Settings > Logging, and view the Gravity Forms Core log. It will log what happens with the notification (you can search the log form result from wp_mail to go straight to the status.) If you need help with the log, please share the link to the log file here. Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.