FATAL Error on any Form Submit [RESOLVED]

Hi everyone, my site experiences a PHP Fatal Error when I click submit any form. Everything else works fine. The scenario is this.
My site run PHP v7.3 & all forms works fine.
When I update the server to use PHP 7.4 , when I submit any form, I get the fatal error
The server error log shows this (see below)
I need to get on PHP 7.4 but I am stuck. Hoping I don’t need to move to other forms plugins as I really like Gravity forms.
Any insights or suggestions would be most welcome.
Thanks
Marios

20220130T160126: ezstamp.com/index.php
PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function ctype_alnum() in /hermes/bosnacweb05//b1971/nf.ezstamp/public_html/wp-content/plugins/gravityforms/form_display.php:1648
Stack trace:
#0 /hermes/bosnacweb05//
/b1971/nf.ezstamp/public_html/wp-content/plugins/gravityforms/form_display.php(1614): GFFormDisplay::clean_up_files(Array)
#1 /hermes/bosnacweb05//***************/b1971/nf.ezstamp/public_html/wp-content/plugins/gravityforms/form_display.php(155): GFFormDisplay::handle_su

Hi Marios. The error is not in Gravity Forms. The issue is that your host’s PHP configuration does not include support for the ctype_alnum function. Please contact your web host and ask them to enable the PHP ctype functions for your site.

Hi Chris,
thanks. Please clarify if you can.
When I run PHP 7.3, forms all work fine. When I change to PHP 7.4 on the server, all the forms break. Are you saying that PHP 7.4 does not include support for the ctype_alnum function and 7.3 does??.
Marios

The PHP ctype functions are not included with PHP by default so the host will need to install them for PHP 7.4 and any newer PHP versions they make available.

1 Like

Thanks Richard, I have contacted them & will update here when I have it resolved.
Very much appreciated Chris
Marios

1 Like

Hi Richard, thanks. Host fixed issue. Was easy.
They added this line to the PHP.ini file

extension=ctype.so

Hope this is useful for anyone else that runs into this issue
Marios

1 Like