Checking two address field and must not be the same

Hello Gravity Form, I am kind of stuck here how to make this code work. I have a gravity form located on SleepDrops Gift to a Friend - SleepDrops International and I would like to check the two address to not be the same as the other field address just, if it’s possible the Street Address 1 and the Postal Code but if that’s not possible then just the Street Address 1.

Can anyone help me? Thank you.

add_filter( 'gform_field_validation_121_26', 'custom_address_validation', 10, 4 );
function custom_address_validation( $result, $value, $form, $field ) {
    //address field will pass $value as an array with each of the elements as an item within the array, the key is the field id
    if ( 'address' === $field->type && $field->isRequired ) {
        GFCommon::log_debug( __METHOD__ . '(): Running.' );
        //address failed validation because of a required item not being filled out
        //do custom validation
        $street  = rgar( $value, $field->id . '.1' );
        $street2 = rgar( $value, $field->id . '.2' );
        $city    = rgar( $value, $field->id . '.3' );
        $state   = rgar( $value, $field->id . '.4' );
        $zip     = rgar( $value, $field->id . '.5' );
        $country = rgar( $value, $field->id . '.6' );
		$master  = rgpost( 'input_24_1' );

//check to see if the values you care about are filled out
        $required_inputs = array( '1' => $street );
        $empty_input = false;

foreach ( $required_inputs as $input_number => $input_value ) {
            GFCommon::log_debug( __METHOD__ . '(): Is Hidden? ' . $field->get_input_property( $input_number, 'isHidden' ) );
            if ( empty( $input_value ) && ! $field->get_input_property( $input_number, 'isHidden' ) ) {
                $field->set_input_validation_state( $input_number, false ); // Only for Gravity Forms 2.5.10 or higher.
                $empty_input = true;
                GFCommon::log_debug( __METHOD__ . "(): Empty input: {$field->id}.{$input_number}" );
            }
        }

if ( $empty_input && $result['is_valid'] ) {
            $result['is_valid'] = false;
            $result['message']  = empty( $field->errorMessage ) ? 'Please enter address.' : $field->errorMessage;
        } else if($master == $street ){
			$result['is_valid'] = false;
            $result['message']  = empty( $field->errorMessage ) ? 'This Address must not be the same as your Address' : $field->errorMessage;
		} else {
            $result['is_valid'] = true;
            $result['message']  = '';
        }
    }
    GFCommon::log_debug( __METHOD__ . '(): Returning validation result.' );
    return $result;
}

Hi Don. Gravity Wiz has a free solution that can help you with this, without having to mess with the gform_field_validation code:

If that does not work for you, please let us know.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.