Any plans to make GF play nicer with AJAX page-loading libraries?

I’ve searched for this pretty frequently, but it seems like the last active discussion on this was over a year ago, so I figured I’d get an update. My agency is moving more and more towards using page transition libraries like Barba and Swup to create unique user experiences. GravityForms is often our one and only obstacle to rolling out cool transitions between pages, since the form initializations seem to be hooked into the DOMContentLoaded listener, which doesn’t re-fire when a page partial loads over AJAX (at least that’s my understanding). We’ve had some success using the hacky solutions like loading the form itself over AJAX after the new page is loaded, but if there are any more exotic form fields like CAPTCHA or conditionals, there doesn’t seem to be any way to make it work other than to manually reload the window on pages that have forms. Is there any plan to alter the way forms are loaded to accomodate these libraries, or has anyone come up with a solution that consistently works for all types of forms/fields? We absolutely love GF and can’t imagine using any other form plugin, but this is a huge and ever-present stumbling block for us. Thanks!

1 Like

Hello @madgenius. If you think this is important and would like to suggest that for consideration in the future, I recommend adding that to our product roadmap. Click the blue :heavy_plus_sign: in the lower left on this page to add a note for our product team:

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.