Recaptcha v3 support! [RESOLVED]

Hi Chris,

Just following up to see if there’s an update or any ideas on timeline in mind for reCAPTCHA V3 on Gravity Forms.

Thanks in advance!

Kindly,

Jaime

Hello Jaime. I don’t have an update on a timeline. The product team is focused on the Gravity Forms 2.5 release now and this has not been added yet. Thank you for checking.

I have the same problem. Client is getting very upset. Please don’t make me move to a different form. I suggest Gravity Forms make this a priority or they will be losing customers.

V3 support is getting really urgent now, well overdue.

Sites with the old V2 are getting smashed with spam at the moment whereas sites with “other” form plugins that support V3 are not.

When is the ETA?

5 Likes

Just got penalized by my host because too much spam was coming through the forms, even though v2 is installed.

I’ve been using v3 with other sites for quite some time and never had an issue. Is it really that difficult to implement it while others have it? I didn’t pick the plugin and we need some of its functionality, but if I can’t stop spam with v3 then it’s becoming more difficult to justify GF.

I’m not going to ask users to log in, I won’t block counties through Cloudflare on an international site and I won’t use yet another plugin to get a functionality that other forms have built in. Come on, these are not good solutions that you’ve mentioned above.

I recommend that anyone passionately interested in seeing reCAPTCHA v3 support in Gravity Forms add a note for our product team to our product roadmap: Click the blue :heavy_plus_sign: in the lower left on this page to add a note for our product team:

It’s important that the product team hear from everyone regarding the individual stories and use cases and requirements. Thank you.

Just submitted again. The spam coming into v2 recaptcha is pretty wild the last few months, even with honey pot enabled. The only solution at the moment to prevent it we have found is to integrate CleanTalk premium, which has helped. Odd that v3 isn’t something important just yet as all the other major form plugins have already set up this feature.

4 Likes

Recaptcha v3 has been a request for over 3 years now. I understand the 2.5 release is a big one, but it’s getting kind of ridiculous.

6 Likes

I am having this same issue. I submitted a request to Gravity Forms via the link as well. Hopefully they get this added soon!

2 Likes

Still using ReCaptcha v3 instead of v4. Curenlty working on blog about employee monitoring software and v4 can not detect bots at all! Hope developers of v4 will their best to fix it…

be great to have this feature as I’m getting a lot of spam and v3 would makes this a lot less

3 Likes

I would love to see v3 support added as well. I have a few sites that are getting a lot of spam with v2 enabled.

1 Like

Still nothing? GF is really dead.

It is very frustrating that GF has such poor controls available for better help eliminating spam entries. I have so much spam it is ridiculous.

Hi @cnymike and @here - I heard recently that GravityView (one of our certified add-on developer partners) acquired the Gravity Forms Zero Spam plugin, so that’s in good hands now. I don’t get enough spam to warrant using that or to even report back on its effectiveness, but maybe this will be a good solution for someone?

2 Likes

I can say that this plugin has be helpful in reducing the onslaught for some clients. We have a few different sites that use multiple forms/cta’s on a page and v2 of course, doesn’t work in that scenario and the others just keep seeing more spam each day. The neglect in providing the option and continued use of ancient spam filtering options is a bit odd for one (if not THE) most-exploited avenues for a spammer to target a site. But hey, at least a fairly straight forward way to simply lay out a form is finally coming to GF with 2.5, so perhaps some of these other basic things will continue to roll out - we’ll take what we can get, I guess. After trying several other approaches on multiple sites (hcaptcha, etc.), this plugin is helping to stem the tide and is definitely worth a look if your sites are getting hammered with form spam. Particularly since there aren’t any other options for GF, I would recommend others in this thread give this plugin a shot.

1 Like

+1 on adding support for version 3. It’s crazy how many complaints I get from clients regarding the amount of spam they receive. Please consider adding recaptcha v3 support.

Hi Brascomarketing. reCAPTCHA v3 support is coming in the form is a reCAPTCHA add-on. We do not have a release date for that yet, but it is in development and it is coming. Thank you.

3 Likes

Gravity Forms released a reCAPTCHA add-on on June 23:

Introducing the New Gravity Forms reCAPTCHA Add-On
(incl. support for Google reCAPTCHA v3)

1 Like
© 2008 - 2021. Gravity Forms is a project by Rocketgenius Inc.