Email confirmation for checkbox field on new line [RESOLVED]

Hi there,

We’re using the checkbox field, and confirm this by sending out an email. However, the checkboxes are designed to be comma seperated. We’d like for each to start on a new line instead. How do we do that?

Currently (default):
Option 1, Option 2, Option 3

Preferred:

• Option 1
  • Option 2
  • Option 3

We’re simply using the shortcode to display the checkbox field:
{checkboxfield:13}

Any suggestions?

Hi Dave O. The gform_merge_tag_filter can be used to modify the output before using it in the Notification.

Example 12 shows how to change from the a comma separated list of checkboxes into list items as you described. Let us know if you have any other questions.

Hi Chris,

Thanks for getting back to me. Unfortunately it doesn’t seem to have any effect on the confirmation email. The (client) {checkboxfield:13} still returns comma separated list, the admin [all fields] does return the bulletpointed list.

Any idea what’s going wrong?

Hi Dave. I recommend opening a support ticket for this issue if you have not already:

Will do, thanks.

Edit: for anyone reading along, the solution was to add :list modifier to the checkbox field. So instead of {checkboxfield:13} you should use {checkboxfield:13:list} - And also add the code from the documentation to your functions.php.

Thanks for the update Dave. I had forgotten completely about the :list modifier.