Cannot remove notification "Gravity Forms logging is currently enabled." [RESOLVED]

I have disabled logging and updated my settings but this notification persists. How do I get rid of it?

" Gravity Forms logging is currently enabled. Log files can contain sensitive information so ensure that logging is only enabled for as long as is required for troubleshooting. Click here to disable logging. If you’re currently receiving support, do not disable logging until the issue is resolved."

This notification stays on every page in the back end. Never goes away.

Be sure you have the latest Gravity Forms release v2.4.2. Then, be sure you disable logging completely on the Forms > Settings page by setting the “Logging” radio button to “No”.

If you’re not able to resolve the issue, please open a support ticket here:
https://www.gravityforms.com/open-support-ticket/

I’ve got the same issue. Alert won’t go away even though Logging is set to No.
All plugins/core are up to date.

Any update on this issue?

There’s no issue really. If you disable Logging from the Forms > Settings page (set Logging to No with the radio button) the message should go away. In every case I have seen, it has. You may have caching or need to do a hard refresh in the browser, of the Settings page, but I have not seen any instance where this did not work.

If you do this and still have an issue, please open a support ticket so we can figure out why it’s happening.

https://www.gravityforms.com/open-support-ticket/

Also, be sure you don’t have the old Logging add-on installed. That is no longer necessary with the built in logging function.

I believe that is the answer, Chris, if you’ve got the old Logging plugin installed, you won’t (at least I didn’t) have the option to turn off Logging in Forms > Settings and this message will persist.

1 Like

I too had this issue (without using the old logging plugin), and I think it’s a usability issue rather than a technical issue.

When you go to the GF settings, there’s a logging tab on the menu that takes you to a logging settings screen. And if you follow the “disable logging” link on the notification, it also takes you to this screen. But if you turn off all the logs listed in this screen it’s not enough. There’s also an enable/disable logging toggle under general settings, near the bottom where it isn’t easy to spot.

Again, while this isn’t a technical issue, it’s still an issue with the software. The interface isn’t intuitive and the notification is misleading.

We have a fix in place for this which will be released after testing. Thanks for the feedback.

Chris can you please describe what will happen if click No ? Why it is changed? What is it for?

Gravity Forms logging is currently enabled. Log files can contain sensitive information so ensure that logging is only enabled for as long as is required for troubleshooting. [Click here to disable logging.] If you’re currently receiving support, do not disable logging until the issue is resolved.

If you click No on the Logging radio button option, Gravity Forms will stop logging. You generally only need logging if you are trying to troubleshoot an issue. On most sites, Logging should be left to No. The only time you need logging is if you are trying to catch something going wrong.

This has been improved in Gravity Forms v2.4.6. Clicking the link now will actually disable the logging with no other intervention required. This is what is looks like after you click the link:

chrome_2019-02-14_09-29-32

You can find the complete release notes here.